Rules of Engagement
Welcome to the APNA Board of Director’s Meeting. For the respect of all in attendance, please familiarize yourself with the points below. As a reminder, all public comments will be taken during the specified time on our agenda.
1. Respect and learn from differences of opinion and be open to new ideas.
2. Build on each other’s ideas and participate fully – take risks.
3. Be respectful of those talking or presenting, don’t interrupt another member. Value the contributions of all members.
4. Ensure that every person can express his or her views.
5. Don’t pontificate or be repetitive.
6. Be constructive with your comments.
7. Feel free to ask a question, raise a concern, or provide a comment. You can expect to receive a considerate reply.
8. Please raise your hand and introduce yourself before speaking.
9. Honor time limits: Comments are limited to 3 minutes unless otherwise extended by the meeting facilitator.
10. Displays of anger, ridicule, impatience, lack of respect and personal attacks are prohibited. Violations of the Rules of Engagement or continued disruptions will result in the meeting facilitator issuing a warning, or calling you “Out of Order.” If the facilitator has to warn you second time, you will be asked to leave.